- August 29, 2022: We received an NIH funding to study charge transfer at DNA/MoS2 interfaces.
- August 31, 2022: Congratulations to Avokerie for defending her Master's thesis!
- Jan., 2022: Welcome to Mohammad Asad for joining the Shamsi Lab!
- August 23, 2021: Review paper from our lab on "DNA interfaces with dimensional materials for biomedical applications" published in RSC Advances, 2021, 11, 28332.
- August 14, 2021: We have started our Lab's YouTube Channel "Shamsi's lab@SIUC" Please check it out!
- August 14, 2021: Dr. Narges Asefifeyzabadi's new paper "Sequence-Independent DNA Adsorption on Few-Layered Oxygen-Functionalized Graphene Electrodes: An Electrochemical Study for Biosensing Application" has published in Biosensors. https://doi.org/10.3390/bios11080273 Congrats Narges!
- July 9, 2021: Dr. Narges Asefifeyzabadi is heading to her new adventure as a postdoctoral fellow at University of California Santa Cruz. Congrats Narges!
- April 27, 2021: Narges defended her PhD defense. Congrats Narges!
- April 15, 2021: Grace Durocher won the best poster award in the Research and Creative Activities Conference. Congrats Grace!
- February 16, 2021: Narges won three-minutes thesis competition (3MT). Congrats Narges!